Polaroid: The Missing Manual by Rhiannon Adam
Polaroid: The Missing Manual is the go-to resource for all lovers of instant film and photography. Divided into two main parts, Camera and Film Format Guide and Creative Techniques, it offers a comprehensive introduction to instant photography:
• A wide-ranging overview of instant cameras and compatible accessories and film
• Tips on what to buy and where to buy it
• How to adapt equipment and preserve the life of your images
• Easy step-by-step guides to a wide range of image manipulations, accompanied by visual showcases of the work of the very best Polaroid photographers
• Extensive resources section, complete with film compatibility guide, a list of stockists and safety information
Polaroid: The Missing Manual provides photographers, artists, students and enthusiasts with the knowledge and skills to push the boundaries of what a Polaroid photograph can be.
We've been big fans of Rhiannon Adam for while now (remember Flickr!) as have many folk who've explored the creative world of instant film. Her project and publication Big Fence / Pitcairn Island is a darkly fascinating study of isolated human behaviour and a deeply personal tale of grit and determination, well worth checking out.
Published by Thames & Hudson
Hardback / 240 pages / 177 x 230mm / 900g